• Splint Definition & Synonyms
- (v. t.) To fasten or confine with splints, as a broken limb. See Splint, n., 2.
- (v. t.) Splint, or splent, coal. See Splent coal, under Splent.
- (v. t.) A thin piece of wood, or other substance, used to keep in place, or protect, an injured part, especially a broken bone when set.
- (v. t.) A piece split off; a splinter.
- (v. t.) To split into splints, or thin, slender pieces; to splinter; to shiver.
- (v. t.) One of the small plates of metal used in making splint armor. See Splint armor, below.
- (v. t.) A disease affecting the splint bones, as a callosity or hard excrescence.
- (v. t.) A splint bone.
• Splinted Definition & Synonyms
- (imp. & p. p.) of Splint
• Splinter Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) A thin piece split or rent off lengthwise, as from wood, bone, or other solid substance; a thin piece; a sliver; as, splinters of a ships mast rent off by a shot.
- (v. i.) To become split into long pieces.
- (n.) To split or rend into long, thin pieces; to shiver; as, the lightning splinters a tree.
- (n.) To fasten or confine with splinters, or splints, as a broken limb.