• Spoke Definition & Synonyms
- (imp.) of Speak
- () of Speak
- (n.) A rung, or round, of a ladder.
- () imp. of Speak.
- (n.) A projecting handle of a steering wheel.
- (v. t.) To furnish with spokes, as a wheel.
- (n.) A contrivance for fastening the wheel of a vehicle, to prevent it from turning in going down a hill.
- (n.) The radius or ray of a wheel; one of the small bars which are inserted in the hub, or nave, and which serve to support the rim or felly.
• Spoken Definition & Synonyms
- (p. p.) of Speak
- (a.) Characterized by a certain manner or style in speaking; -- often in composition; as, a pleasant-spoken man.
- (a.) Uttered in speech; delivered by word of mouth; oral; as, a spoken narrative; the spoken word.
• Spoked Definition & Synonyms
- (imp. & p. p.) of Spoke