• Spoon Definition & Synonyms
- (v. t.) In croquet, golf, etc., to push or shove (a ball) with a lifting motion, instead of striking with an audible knock.
- (v. i.) To fish with a spoon bait.
- (v. i.) In croquet, golf, etc., to spoon a ball.
- (n.) A wooden club with a lofted face.
- (v. t.) To catch by fishing with a spoon bait.
- (n.) Anything which resembles a spoon in shape; esp. (Fishing), a spoon bait.
- (v. i.) See Spoom.
- (n.) Fig.: A simpleton; a spooney.
- (v. t.) To take up in, or as in, a spoon.
- (n.) An implement consisting of a small bowl (usually a shallow oval) with a handle, used especially in preparing or eating food.
- (v. i.) To act with demonstrative or foolish fondness, as one in love.
• Spoon-billed Definition & Synonyms
- (a.) Having the bill expanded and spatulate at the end.