• Spout Definition & Synonyms
- (v. i.) To issue with with violence, or in a jet, as a liquid through a narrow orifice, or from a spout; as, water spouts from a hole; blood spouts from an artery.
- (v. t.) That through which anything spouts; a discharging lip, pipe, or orifice; a tube, pipe, or conductor of any kind through which a liquid is poured, or by which it is conveyed in a stream from one place to another; as, the spout of a teapot; a spout for conducting water from the roof of a building.
- (v. t.) To utter magniloquently; to recite in an oratorical or pompous manner.
- (v. i.) To eject water or liquid in a jet.
- (v. t.) A discharge or jet of water or other liquid, esp. when rising in a column; also, a waterspout.
- (v. i.) To utter a speech, especially in a pompous manner.
- (v. t.) A trough for conducting grain, flour, etc., into a receptacle.
- (v. t.) To throw out forcibly and abudantly, as liquids through an office or a pipe; to eject in a jet; as, an elephant spouts water from his trunk.
- (v. t.) To pawn; to pledge; as, spout a watch.
• Spouted Definition & Synonyms
- (imp. & p. p.) of Spout
• Spouter Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) One who, or that which, spouts.