• Spurted Definition & Synonyms
- (imp. & p. p.) of Spurt
• Spurt Definition & Synonyms
- (v. i.) To gush or issue suddenly or violently out in a stream, as liquor from a cask; to rush from a confined place in a small stream or jet; to spirt.
- (n.) A sudden and energetic effort, as in an emergency; an increased exertion for a brief space.
- (v. i.) To make a sudden and violent exertion, as in an emergency.
- (v. t.) To throw out, as a liquid, in a stream or jet; to drive or force out with violence, as a liquid from a pipe or small orifice; as, to spurt water from the mouth.