• Sputtered Definition & Synonyms
- (imp. & p. p.) of Sputter
• Sputter Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) Moist matter thrown out in small detached particles; also, confused and hasty speech.
- (v. i.) To throw out anything, as little jets of steam, with a noise like that made by one sputtering.
- (v. t.) To spit out hastily by quick, successive efforts, with a spluttering sound; to utter hastily and confusedly, without control over the organs of speech.
- (v. i.) To spit, or to emit saliva from the mouth in small, scattered portions, as in rapid speaking.
- (v. i.) To utter words hastily and indistinctly; to speak so rapidly as to emit saliva.