• Squab Definition & Synonyms
- (a.) Fat; thick; plump; bulky.
- (adv.) With a heavy fall; plump.
- (n.) A neatling of a pigeon or other similar bird, esp. when very fat and not fully fledged.
- (v. i.) To fall plump; to strike at one dash, or with a heavy stroke.
- (a.) Unfledged; unfeathered; as, a squab pigeon.
- (n.) A person of a short, fat figure.
- (n.) A thickly stuffed cushion; especially, one used for the seat of a sofa, couch, or chair; also, a sofa.
• Squabble Definition & Synonyms
- (v. i.) To debate peevishly; to dispute.
- (v. i.) To contend for superiority in an unseemly maner; to scuffle; to struggle; to wrangle; to quarrel.
- (n.) A scuffle; a wrangle; a brawl.
- (v. t.) To disarrange, so that the letters or lines stand awry or are mixed and need careful readjustment; -- said of type that has been set up.
• Squabby Definition & Synonyms
- (a.) Short and thick; suqabbish.