• squiring Definition & Synonyms
- (p. pr. & vb. n.) of Squire
• Squire Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) A title of office and courtesy. See under Esquire.
- (n.) A male attendant on a great personage; also (Colloq.), a devoted attendant or follower of a lady; a beau.
- (v. t.) To attend as a squire.
- (v. t.) To attend as a beau, or gallant, for aid and protection; as, to squire a lady.
- (n.) A shield-bearer or armor-bearer who attended a knight.
- (n.) A square; a measure; a rule.
- (n.) A title of dignity next in degree below knight, and above gentleman. See Esquire.