• Stable Definition & Synonyms
- (a.) So placed as to resist forces tending to cause motion; of such structure as to resist distortion or molecular or chemical disturbance; -- said of any body or substance.
- (v. i.) A house, shed, or building, for beasts to lodge and feed in; esp., a building or apartment with stalls, for horses; as, a horse stable; a cow stable.
- (v. i.) Firmly established; not easily moved, shaken, or overthrown; fixed; as, a stable government.
- (v. i.) Steady in purpose; constant; firm in resolution; not easily diverted from a purpose; not fickle or wavering; as, a man of stable character.
- (v. i.) Durable; not subject to overthrow or change; firm; as, a stable foundation; a stable position.
- (v. t.) To fix; to establish.
- (v. t.) To put or keep in a stable.
- (v. i.) To dwell or lodge in a stable; to dwell in an inclosed place; to kennel.
• Stabled Definition & Synonyms
- (imp. & p. p.) of Stable
• Stableboy Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) Alt. of Stableman