• Startling Definition & Synonyms
- (p. pr. & vb. n.) of Startle
• Startle Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) A sudden motion or shock caused by an unexpected alarm, surprise, or apprehension of danger.
- (v. t.) To excite by sudden alarm, surprise, or apprehension; to frighten suddenly and not seriously; to alarm; to surprise.
- (v. t.) To move suddenly, or be excited, on feeling alarm; to start.
- (v. t.) To deter; to cause to deviate.
• Startlingly Definition & Synonyms
- (adv.) In a startling manner.