• Statue Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) A portrait.
- (v. t.) To place, as a statue; to form a statue of; to make into a statue.
- (n.) The likeness of a living being sculptured or modeled in some solid substance, as marble, bronze, or wax; an image; as, a statue of Hercules, or of a lion.
• Statuesquely Definition & Synonyms
- (adv.) In a statuesque manner; in a way suggestive of a statue; like a statue.
• Statuette Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) A small statue; -- usually applied to a figure much less than life size, especially when of marble or bronze, or of plaster or clay as a preparation for the marble or bronze, as distinguished from a figure in terra cotta or the like. Cf. Figurine.