• Steadying Definition & Synonyms
- (p. pr. & vb. n.) of Steady
• Steady Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) Firm in standing or position; not tottering or shaking; fixed; firm.
- (v. i.) To become steady; to regain a steady position or state; to move steadily.
- (n.) Regular; constant; undeviating; uniform; as, the steady course of the sun; a steady breeze of wind.
- (n.) Constant in feeling, purpose, or pursuit; not fickle, changeable, or wavering; not easily moved or persuaded to alter a purpose; resolute; as, a man steady in his principles, in his purpose, or in the pursuit of an object.
- (v. t.) To make steady; to hold or keep from shaking, reeling, or falling; to make or keep firm; to support; to make constant, regular, or resolute.