• Steamed Definition & Synonyms
- (imp. & p. p.) of Steam
• Steam Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) The elastic, aeriform fluid into which water is converted when heated to the boiling points; water in the state of vapor.
- (v. i.) To emit steam or vapor.
- (v. i.) To rise in vapor; to issue, or pass off, as vapor.
- (v. t.) To expose to the action of steam; to apply steam to for softening, dressing, or preparing; as, to steam wood; to steamcloth; to steam food, etc.
- (v. t.) To exhale.
- (n.) The mist formed by condensed vapor; visible vapor; -- so called in popular usage.
- (v. i.) To move or travel by the agency of steam.
- (n.) Any exhalation.
- (v. i.) To generate steam; as, the boiler steams well.