• Stereotyping Definition & Synonyms
- (p. pr. & vb. n.) of Stereotype
• Stereotype Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) The art or process of making such plates, or of executing work by means of them.
- (v. t.) Fig.: To make firm or permanent; to fix.
- (v. t.) To prepare for printing in stereotype; to make the stereotype plates of; as, to stereotype the Bible.
- (n.) A plate forming an exact faximile of a page of type or of an engraving, used in printing books, etc.; specifically, a plate with type-metal face, used for printing.