• Stigmatic Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) A notorious profligate or criminal who has been branded; one who bears the marks of infamy or punishment.
- (a.) Alt. of Stigmatical
- (n.) A person bearing the wounds on the hands and feet resembling those of Jesus Christ caused by His crucifixion; -- for true stigmantics the wounds are supposed to have been caused miraculously, as a sign of great holiness.
- (n.) A person who is marked or deformed by nature.
• Stigmatical Definition & Synonyms
- (a.) Of or pertaining to a stigma or stigmata.
- (a.) Marked with a stigma, or with something reproachful to character.
- (a.) Impressing with infamy or reproach.