• Stinting Definition & Synonyms
- (p. pr. & vb. n.) of Stint
• Stint Definition & Synonyms
- (v. i.) To stop; to cease.
- (v. t.) To assign a certain (i. e., limited) task to (a person), upon the performance of which one is excused from further labor for the day or for a certain time; to stent.
- (v. t.) Quantity or task assigned; proportion allotted.
- (n.) A phalarope.
- (v. t.) Limit; bound; restraint; extent.
- (v. t.) To put an end to; to stop.
- (v. t.) To restrain within certain limits; to bound; to confine; to restrain; to restrict to a scant allowance.
- (n.) Any one of several species of small sandpipers, as the sanderling of Europe and America, the dunlin, the little stint of India (Tringa minuta), etc. Called also pume.
- (v. t.) To serve successfully; to get with foal; -- said of mares.