• Stir Definition & Synonyms
- (v. i.) To move; to change ones position.
- (n.) Agitation of thoughts; conflicting passions.
- (v. t.) To incite to action; to arouse; to instigate; to prompt; to excite.
- (n.) Public disturbance or commotion; tumultuous disorder; seditious uproar.
- (v. i.) To become the object of notice; to be on foot.
- (v. t.) To disturb the relative position of the particles of, as of a liquid, by passing something through it; to agitate; as, to stir a pudding with a spoon.
- (v. t.) To change the place of in any manner; to move.
- (n.) The act or result of stirring; agitation; tumult; bustle; noise or various movements.
- (v. t.) To bring into debate; to agitate; to moot.
- (v. i.) To rise, or be up, in the morning.
- (v. i.) To be in motion; to be active or bustling; to exert or busy ones self.
• Stirk Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) A young bullock or heifer.
• Stirabout Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) A dish formed of oatmeal boiled in water to a certain consistency and frequently stirred, or of oatmeal and dripping mixed together and stirred about in a pan; a hasty pudding.