• Stoma Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) The line of dehiscence of the sporangium of a fern. It is usually marked by two transversely elongated cells. See Illust. of Sporangium.
- (n.) The minute breathing pores of leaves or other organs opening into the intercellular spaces, and usually bordered by two contractile cells.
- (n.) A stigma. See Stigma, n., 6 (a) & (b).
- (n.) One of the minute apertures between the cells in many serous membranes.
• Stomachic Definition & Synonyms
- (a.) Alt. of Stomachical
- (n.) A medicine that strengthens the stomach and excites its action.
• Stomatogastric Definition & Synonyms
- (a.) Of or pertaining to the mouth and the stomach; as, the stomatogastric ganglion of certain Mollusca.