• Stool Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) A bishops seat or see; a bishop-stool.
- (v. i.) To ramfy; to tiller, as grain; to shoot out suckers.
- (n.) A single seat with three or four legs and without a back, made in various forms for various uses.
- (n.) Material, such as oyster shells, spread on the sea bottom for oyster spat to adhere to.
- (n.) A stool pigeon, or decoy bird.
- (n.) A plant from which layers are propagated by bending its branches into the soil.
- (n.) A seat used in evacuating the bowels; hence, an evacuation; a discharge from the bowels.
- (n.) A small channel on the side of a vessel, for the dead-eyes of the backstays.
- (n.) A bench or form for resting the feet or the knees; a footstool; as, a kneeling stool.
• Stoolball Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) A kind of game with balls, formerly common in England, esp. with young women.