• Stopper Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) One who stops, closes, shuts, or hinders; that which stops or obstructs; that which closes or fills a vent or hole in a vessel.
- (v. t.) To close or secure with a stopper.
- (n.) A short piece of rope having a knot at one or both ends, with a lanyard under the knot, -- used to secure something.
- (n.) A name to several trees of the genus Eugenia, found in Florida and the West Indies; as, the red stopper. See Eugenia.
• Stoppered Definition & Synonyms
- (imp. & p. p.) of Stopper
• Stoppering Definition & Synonyms
- (p. pr. & vb. n.) of Stopper