• Stopping Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) A partition or door to direct or prevent a current of air.
- (n.) A pad or poultice of dung or other material applied to a horses hoof to keep it moist.
- (p. pr. & vb. n.) of Stop
- (n.) Material for filling a cavity.
• Stopping-out Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) A method adopted in etching, to keep the acid from those parts which are already sufficiently corroded, by applying varnish or other covering matter with a brush, but allowing the acid to act on the other parts.