• Storying Definition & Synonyms
- (p. pr. & vb. n.) of Story
• Story Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) A narration or recital of that which has occurred; a description of past events; a history; a statement; a record.
- (v. t.) A set of rooms on the same floor or level; a floor, or the space between two floors. Also, a horizontal division of a buildings exterior considered architecturally, which need not correspond exactly with the stories within.
- (v. t.) To tell in historical relation; to make the subject of a story; to narrate or describe in story.
- (n.) The relation of an incident or minor event; a short narrative; a tale; especially, a fictitious narrative less elaborate than a novel; a short romance.
- (n.) A euphemism or childs word for "a lie;" a fib; as, to tell a story.