• Stowing Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) A method of working in which the waste is packed into the space formed by excavating the vein.
- (p. pr. & vb. n.) of Stow
• Stow Definition & Synonyms
- (v. t.) To place or arrange in a compact mass; to put in its proper place, or in a suitable place; to pack; as, to stowbags, bales, or casks in a ships hold; to stow hay in a mow; to stow sheaves.
- (v. t.) To put away in some place; to hide; to lodge.
- (v. t.) To arrange anything compactly in; to fill, by packing closely; as, to stow a box, car, or the hold of a ship.