• Straggling Definition & Synonyms
- () a. & n. from Straggle, v.
- (p. pr. & vb. n.) of Straggle
• Straggle Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) The act of straggling.
- (v. t.) To be dispersed or separated; to occur at intervals.
- (v. t.) To escape or stretch beyond proper limits, as the branches of a plant; to spread widely apart; to shoot too far or widely in growth.
- (v. t.) To wander at large; to roam idly about; to ramble.
- (v. t.) To wander from the direct course or way; to rove; to stray; to wander from the line of march or desert the line of battle; as, when troops are on the march, the men should not straggle.
• Stragglingly Definition & Synonyms
- (adv.) In a straggling manner.