• Strand Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) One of the twists, or strings, as of fibers, wires, etc., of which a rope is composed.
- (v. t.) To break a strand of (a rope).
- (v. i.) To drift, or be driven, on shore to run aground; as, the ship stranded at high water.
- (v. t.) To drive on a strand; hence, to run aground; as, to strand a ship.
- (n.) The shore, especially the beach of a sea, ocean, or large lake; rarely, the margin of a navigable river.
• Stranded Definition & Synonyms
- (imp. & p. p.) of Strand
• Stranding Definition & Synonyms
- (p. pr. & vb. n.) of Strand