• Stranger Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) One who is unknown or unacquainted; as, the gentleman is a stranger to me; hence, one not admitted to communication, fellowship, or acquaintance.
- (v. t.) To estrange; to alienate.
- (n.) One who is strange, foreign, or unknown.
- (n.) One not belonging to the family or household; a guest; a visitor.
- (n.) One who comes from a foreign land; a foreigner.
- (n.) One whose home is at a distance from the place where he is, but in the same country.
- (n.) One not privy or party an act, contract, or title; a mere intruder or intermeddler; one who interferes without right; as, actual possession of land gives a good title against a stranger having no title; as to strangers, a mortgage is considered merely as a pledge; a mere stranger to the levy.