• Strewing Definition & Synonyms
- (p. pr. & vb. n.) of Strew
- (n.) The act of scattering or spreading.
- (n.) Anything that is, or may be, strewed; -- used chiefly in the plural.
• Strew Definition & Synonyms
- (v. t.) To scatter; to spread by scattering; to cast or to throw loosely apart; -- used of solids, separated or separable into parts or particles; as, to strew seed in beds; to strew sand on or over a floor; to strew flowers over a grave.
- (v. t.) To cover more or less thickly by scattering something over or upon; to cover, or lie upon, by having been scattered; as, they strewed the ground with leaves; leaves strewed the ground.
- (v. t.) To spread abroad; to disseminate.