• Stud Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) A kind of nail with a large head, used chiefly for ornament; an ornamental knob; a boss.
- (v. t.) To adorn with shining studs, or knobs.
- (v. t.) To set with detached ornaments or prominent objects; to set thickly, as with studs.
- (n.) A stem; a trunk.
- (n.) A stud bolt.
- (n.) A short rod or pin, fixed in and projecting from something, and sometimes forming a journal.
- (n.) An upright scanting, esp. one of the small uprights in the framing for lath and plaster partitions, and furring, and upon which the laths are nailed.
- (n.) An iron brace across the shorter diameter of the link of a chain cable.
- (n.) An ornamental button of various forms, worn in a shirt front, collar, wristband, or the like, not sewed in place, but inserted through a buttonhole or eyelet, and transferable.
- (n.) A collection of breeding horses and mares, or the place where they are kept; also, a number of horses kept for a racing, riding, etc.
• Studded Definition & Synonyms
- (imp. & p. p.) of Stud
• Studies Definition & Synonyms
- (pl. ) of Study
• Studios Definition & Synonyms
- (pl. ) of Studio