• Stuttering Definition & Synonyms
- (p. pr. & vb. n.) of Stutter
- (n.) The act of one who stutters; -- restricted by some physiologists to defective speech due to inability to form the proper sounds, the breathing being normal, as distinguished from stammering.
- (a.) Apt to stutter; hesitating; stammering.
• Stutter Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) One who stutters; a stammerer.
- (n.) The act of stuttering; a stammer. See Stammer, and Stuttering.
- (v. t. & i.) To hesitate or stumble in uttering words; to speak with spasmodic repetition or pauses; to stammer.