• Sublimate Definition & Synonyms
- (v. t.) To bring by heat into the state of vapor, which, on cooling, returns again to the solid state; as, to sublimate sulphur or camphor.
- (a.) Brought into a state of vapor by heat, and again condensed as a solid.
- (n.) A product obtained by sublimation; hence, also, a purified product so obtained.
- (v. t.) To refine and exalt; to heighten; to elevate.
• Sublimated Definition & Synonyms
- (a.) Refined by, or as by, sublimation; exalted; purified.
- (imp. & p. p.) of Sublimate