• Submit Definition & Synonyms
- (v. t.) To leave or commit to the discretion or judgment of another or others; to refer; as, to submit a controversy to arbitrators; to submit a question to the court; -- often followed by a dependent proposition as the object.
- (v. t.) To yield, resign, or surrender to power, will, or authority; -- often with the reflexive pronoun.
- (v. i.) To yield ones person to the power of another; to give up resistance; to surrender.
- (v. i.) To yield ones opinion to the opinion of authority of another; to be subject; to acquiesce.
- (v. i.) To be submissive or resigned; to yield without murmuring.
- (v. t.) To put or place under.
- (v. t.) To let down; to lower.
• Submitted Definition & Synonyms
- (imp. & p. p.) of Submit