• Subscribing Definition & Synonyms
- (p. pr. & vb. n.) of Subscribe
• Subscribe Definition & Synonyms
- (v. i.) To enter ones name for a newspaper, a book, etc.
- (v. t.) To declare over ones signature; to publish.
- (v. t.) To attest by writing ones name beneath; as, officers subscribe their official acts, and secretaries and clerks subscribe copies or records.
- (v. i.) To sign ones name to a letter or other document.
- (v. i.) To give consent to something written, by signing ones name; hence, to assent; to agree.
- (v. i.) To set ones name to a paper in token of promise to give a certain sum.
- (v. t.) To sign with ones own hand; to give consent to, as something written, or to bind ones self to the terms of, by writing ones name beneath; as, parties subscribe a covenant or contract; a man subscribes a bond.
- (v. t.) To sign away; to yield; to surrender.
- (v. t.) To write underneath, as ones name; to sign (ones name) to a document.
- (v. i.) To yield; to admit ones self to be inferior or in the wrong.
- (v. i.) To become surely; -- with for.
- (v. t.) To promise to give, by writing ones name with the amount; as, each man subscribed ten dollars.