• Subtract Definition & Synonyms
- (v. t.) To withdraw, or take away, as a part from the whole; to deduct; as, subtract 5 from 9, and the remainder is 4.
• Subtraction Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) The taking of a lesser number or quantity from a greater of the same kind or denomination; an operation for finding the difference between two numbers or quantities.
- (n.) The act or operation of subtracting or taking away a part.
- (n.) The withdrawing or withholding from a person of some right to which he is entitled by law.