• Suggestion Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) The control of the mind of an hypnotic subject by ideas in the mind of the hypnotizer.
- (n.) Charge; complaint; accusation.
- (n.) The act of suggesting; presentation of an idea.
- (n.) That which is suggested; an intimation; an insinuation; a hint; a different proposal or mention; also, formerly, a secret incitement; temptation.
- (n.) Information without oath; an entry of a material fact or circumstance on the record for the information of the court, at the death or insolvency of a party.
- (n.) The act or power of originating or recalling ideas or relations, distinguished as original and relative; -- a term much used by Scottish metaphysicians from Hutcherson to Thomas Brown.