• Summon Definition & Synonyms
- (v. t.) To call, bid, or cite; to notify to come to appear; -- often with up.
- (v. t.) To call upon to surrender, as a fort.
- (v. t.) To give notice to, or command to appear, as in court; to cite by authority; as, to summon witnesses.
• Summoner Definition & Synonyms
- (v. t.) One who summons; one who cites by authority; specifically, a petty officer formerly employed to summon persons to appear in court; an apparitor.
• Summoning Definition & Synonyms
- (p. pr. & vb. n.) of Summon