• Sun Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) The luminous orb, the light of which constitutes day, and its absence night; the central body round which the earth and planets revolve, by which they are held in their orbits, and from which they receive light and heat. Its mean distance from the earth is about 92,500,000 miles, and its diameter about 860,000.
- (v. t.) To expose to the suns rays; to warm or dry in the sun; as, to sun cloth; to sun grain.
- (n.) That which resembles the sun, as in splendor or importance; any source of light, warmth, or animation.
- (n.) Any heavenly body which forms the center of a system of orbs.
- (n.) The direct light or warmth of the sun; sunshine.
- (n.) See Sunn.
• Sun star Definition & Synonyms
- () See Sun star, under Sun.