• Superficial Definition & Synonyms
- (a.) Reaching or comprehending only what is obvious or apparent; not deep or profound; shallow; -- said especially in respect to study, learning, and the like; as, a superficial scholar; superficial knowledge.
- (a.) Of or pertaining to the superficies, or surface; lying on the surface; shallow; not deep; as, a superficial color; a superficial covering; superficial measure or contents; superficial tillage.
• Superficialize Definition & Synonyms
- (v. t.) To attend to, or to treat, superficially, or in a shallow or slighting way.