• Supporter Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) A figure, sometimes of a man, but commonly of some animal, placed on either side of an escutcheon, and exterior to it. Usually, both supporters of an escutcheon are similar figures.
- (n.) A knee placed under the cathead.
- (n.) A broad band or truss for supporting the abdomen or some other part or organ.
- (n.) One who, or that which, supports; as, oxygen is a supporter of life.
- (n.) Especially, an adherent; one who sustains, advocates, and defends; as, the supporter of a party, faction, or candidate.