• Suppose Definition & Synonyms
- (v. t.) To represent to ones self, or state to another, not as true or real, but as if so, and with a view to some consequence or application which the reality would involve or admit of; to imagine or admit to exist, for the sake of argument or illustration; to assume to be true; as, let us suppose the earth to be the center of the system, what would be the result?
- (n.) Supposition.
- (v. t.) To put by fraud in the place of another.
- (v. t.) To imagine; to believe; to receive as true.
- (v. t.) To require to exist or to be true; to imply by the laws of thought or of nature; as, purpose supposes foresight.
- (v. i.) To make supposition; to think; to be of opinion.
• Supposed Definition & Synonyms
- (imp. & p. p.) of Suppose