• Surcharging Definition & Synonyms
- (p. pr. & vb. n.) of Surcharge
• Surcharge Definition & Synonyms
- (v. t.) To print or write a surcharge on (a postage stamp).
- (n.) Something printed or written on a postage stamp to give it a new legal effect, as a new valuation, a place, a date, etc.; also (Colloq.), a stamp with a surcharge.
- (n.) A charge over the usual or legal rates.
- (n.) An overcharge; an excessive load or burden; a load greater than can well be borne.
- (n.) The putting, by a commoner, of more beasts on the common than he has a right to.
- (v. t.) To overstock; especially, to put more cattle into, as a common, than the person has a right to do, or more than the herbage will sustain. Blackstone.
- (n.) The showing an omission, as in an account, for which credit ought to have been given.
- (v. t.) To overload; to overburden; to overmatch; to overcharge; as, to surcharge a beast or a ship; to surcharge a cannon.
- (v. t.) To show an omission in (an account) for which credit ought to have been given.