• Surface Definition & Synonyms
- () A small plane or surface, usually capable of adjustment but not of manipulation, for preserving lateral balance in an aeroplane or flying machine.
- (n.) That part of the side which is terminated by the flank prolonged, and the angle of the nearest bastion.
- (n.) A magnitude that has length and breadth without thickness; superficies; as, a plane surface; a spherical surface.
- (n.) The exterior part of anything that has length and breadth; one of the limits that bound a solid, esp. the upper face; superficies; the outside; as, the surface of the earth; the surface of a diamond; the surface of the body.
- (n.) Hence, outward or external appearance.
- (v. t.) To give a surface to; especially, to cause to have a smooth or plain surface; to make smooth or plain.
- (v. t.) To work over the surface or soil of, as ground, in hunting for gold.
• Surface loading Definition & Synonyms
- () The weight supported per square unit of surface; the quotient obtained by dividing the gross weight, in pounds, of a fully loaded flying machine, by the total area, in square feet, of its supporting surface.