• Suspected Definition & Synonyms
- (a.) Distrusted; doubted.
- (imp. & p. p.) of Suspect
• Suspect Definition & Synonyms
- (a.) Suspicious; inspiring distrust.
- (a.) One who, or that which, is suspected; an object of suspicion; -- formerly applied to persons and things; now, only to persons suspected of crime.
- (v. t.) To hold to be uncertain; to doubt; to mistrust; to distruct; as, to suspect the truth of a story.
- (v. t.) To imagine to be guilty, upon slight evidence, or without proof; as, to suspect one of equivocation.
- (a.) Suspected; distrusted.
- (v. t.) To imagine to exist; to have a slight or vague opinion of the existence of, without proof, and often upon weak evidence or no evidence; to mistrust; to surmise; -- commonly used regarding something unfavorable, hurtful, or wrong; as, to suspect the presence of disease.
- (v. t.) To look up to; to respect.
- (a.) Suspicion.
- (v. i.) To imagine guilt; to have a suspicion or suspicions; to be suspicious.