• Swaging Definition & Synonyms
- (p. pr. & vb. n.) of Swage
• Swag Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) A tramping bushmans luggage, rolled up either in canvas or in a blanket so as to form a long bundle, and carried on the back or over the shoulder; -- called also a bluey, or a drum.
- (n.) Any bundle of luggage similarly rolled up; hence, luggage in general.
- (v. i.) To tramp carrying a swag.
- (v. i.) To sink down by its weight; to sag.
- (n.) A swaying, irregular motion.
- (n.) A burglars or thiefs booty; boodle.
- (v. i.) To hang or move, as something loose and heavy; to sway; to swing.
• Swage Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) A tool, variously shaped or grooved on the end or face, used by blacksmiths and other workers in metals, for shaping their work, whether sheet metal or forging, by holding the swage upon the work, or the work upon the swage, and striking with a sledge.
- (v. t. & i.) See Assuage.
- (v. t.) To shape by means of a swage; to fashion, as a piece of iron, by forcing it into a groove or mold having the required shape.