• Swam Definition & Synonyms
- () imp. of Swim.
- (imp.) of Swim
• Swamp Definition & Synonyms
- (v. t.) Fig.: To plunge into difficulties and perils; to overwhelm; to ruin; to wreck.
- (v. t.) To plunge or sink into a swamp.
- (v. t.) To cause (a boat) to become filled with water; to capsize or sink by whelming with water.
- (v. i.) To become filled with water, as a boat; to founder; to capsize or sink; figuratively, to be ruined; to be wrecked.
- (n.) Wet, spongy land; soft, low ground saturated with water, but not usually covered with it; marshy ground away from the seashore.
- (v. i.) To sink or stick in a swamp; figuratively, to become involved in insuperable difficulties.
• Swampy Definition & Synonyms
- (a.) Consisting of swamp; like a swamp; low, wet, and spongy; as, swampy land.