• Sweepstake Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) A complete removal or carrying away; a clean sweep.
- (n.) A winning of all the stakes or prizes.
• Sweepstakes Definition & Synonyms
- (sing. / pl.) The whole money or other things staked at a horse race, a given sum being put up for each horse, all of which goes to the winner, or is divided among several, as may be previously agreed.
- (sing. / pl.) A race for all the sums staked or prizes offered.
- (n.) A winning of all the stakes or prizes; a sweepstake.