• Swoop Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) To fall on at once and seize; to catch while on the wing; as, a hawk swoops a chicken.
- (v. i.) To descend with closed wings from a height upon prey, as a hawk; to swoop.
- (n.) To seize; to catch up; to take with a sweep.
- (v. i.) To pass with pomp; to sweep.
- (n.) A falling on and seizing, as the prey of a rapacious bird; the act of swooping.
• Swooped Definition & Synonyms
- (imp. & p. p.) of Swoop
• Swoopstake Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) See Sweepstake.
- (adv.) Altogether; indiscriminately.