• Syndicate Definition & Synonyms
- (v. i.) To unite to form a syndicate.
- (v. t.) To combine or form into, or manage as, a syndicate.
- (v. t.) To acquire or control for or by, or to subject to the management of, a syndicate; as, syndicated newspapers.
- (v. t.) To judge; to censure.
- (n.) An association of persons officially authorized to undertake some duty or to negotiate some business; also, an association of persons who combine to carry out, on their own account, a financial or industrial project; as, a syndicate of bankers formed to take up and dispose of an entire issue of government bonds.
- (n.) The office or jurisdiction of a syndic; a council, or body of syndics.