Above Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• AboveDefinition & Meaning in English
- (prep.) In or to a higher place; higher than; on or over the upper surface; over; -- opposed to below or beneath.
- (prep.) Figuratively, higher than; superior to in any respect; surpassing; beyond; higher in measure or degree than; as, things above comprehension; above mean actions; conduct above reproach.
- (prep.) Surpassing in number or quantity; more than; as, above a hundred. (Passing into the adverbial sense. See Above, adv., 4.)
- (adv.) In a higher place; overhead; into or from heaven; as, the clouds above.
- (adv.) Earlier in order; higher in the same page; hence, in a foregoing page.
- (adv.) Higher in rank or power; as, he appealed to the court above.
- (adv.) More than; as, above five hundred were present.
• Above-citedDefinition & Meaning in English
- (a.) Cited before, in the preceding part of a book or writing.