Abutment Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• AbutmentDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) State of abutting.
- (n.) That on or against which a body abuts or presses
- (n.) The solid part of a pier or wall, etc., which receives the thrust or lateral pressure of an arch, vault, or strut.
- (n.) A fixed point or surface from which resistance or reaction is obtained, as the cylinder head of a steam engine, the fulcrum of a lever, etc.
- (n.) In breech-loading firearms, the block behind the barrel which receives the pressure due to recoil.