Accepted Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• AcceptedDefinition & Meaning in English
- (imp. & p. p.) of Accept
• AcceptDefinition & Meaning in English
- (v. t.) To receive with a consenting mind (something offered); as, to accept a gift; -- often followed by of.
- (v. t.) To receive with favor; to approve.
- (v. t.) To receive or admit and agree to; to assent to; as, I accept your proposal, amendment, or excuse.
- (v. t.) To take by the mind; to understand; as, How are these words to be accepted?
- (v. t.) To receive as obligatory and promise to pay; as, to accept a bill of exchange.
- (v. t.) In a deliberate body, to receive in acquittance of a duty imposed; as, to accept the report of a committee. [This makes it the property of the body, and the question is then on its adoption.]
- (a.) Accepted.
• AcceptedlyDefinition & Meaning in English
- (adv.) In a accepted manner; admittedly.